Dr. Bresnick utilizes five basic techniques to correct breast sagging:
1. Breast Implant Alone: For women with a small degree of breast sagging, placement of a breast implant alone may give some uplift and breast enlargement without the need for a separate breast lift procedure.
2. Crescent Lift: This lift gives a slight uplift of the nipple but little lift of breast tissue. It is best done at the time of breast augmentation. A fine incision is made at the upper edge of the areola (pigmented area around the nipple).
3. Circle Lift: Dr. Bresnick has had great results with the circle lift (Binelli Lift) and utilizes this technique for over 90% of his breast lift patients who also desire breast enlargement. With the circle lift, both the nipple and breast tissue can be lifted up to 11 inches, the breast skin tightened, the nipple size reduced if desired, and a breast implant placed. The incision is a circular line at the outer edge of the areola where there is usually a natural line or color change in the pigmentation. The incision line tends to fade nicely with time. Dr. Bresnick’s patients have been very pleased with this technique and great improvements in breast shape can be made with minimum scarring.
4. Lollipop Lift: For women with sagging breasts with too much skin below the nipple, a lollipop lift is a nice way to lift the breast. The incision is similar to the circle lift, except that a vertical line also extends from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease. This technique is gives a greater uplift than the circle lift and is generally needed for women who have lost a great deal of breast tissue and have significant skin excess at the bottom of the breast.
5. Full Lift: The full breast lift, or anchor lift, is reserved for women with severe breast sagging. In this technique, which can give excellent results, the breast is lifted and completely recontoured and reshaped. The nipple can be lifted 3 inches or more! The incisions required are similar as for the lollipop lift, except that an additional incision is required in the breast crease. Patients having the full breast lift have been extremely happy with their breast shape improvement. The breast incisions tend to fade nicely with time.