Dr. Bresnick offers the latest, state-of-the-art techniques to improve the eyelids aesthetically. The type of eyelid surgery which is offered to each patient is carefully chosen by the doctor to maximize surgical results. Dr. Bresnick utilizes the following procedures to correct the eyelids:
1. Upper eyelid lift: In this procedure, an incision is hidden within the natural fold of the upper eyelid and may extend into a natural, crow’s foot line. Through this incision, excess skin and fat is removed and contouring of the eyelid is performed. Once healed, this upper eyelid incision is well camouflaged and naturally hidden.
2. Lower eyelid fat removal (transconjunctival blepharoplasty): In this technique, also known as the “scarless lower eyelid technique” or “transconjunctival blepharoplasty”, excess lower eyelid fat is removed with an incision completely hidden inside the eyelid. No visible scar is produced! This procedure may be all that some patients require to rejuvenate the lower eyelid.
3. Lower eyelid lift: In the lower eyelid lift procedure, excess fat and skin is removed with an incision hidden just below the lower eyelashes. The incision is very well concealed and very difficult to see once it has healed. For many patients, the lower eyelid is also tightened in this procedure, giving a more youthful eyelid shape and tone.
4. Lower eyelid tightening (cathopexy): Patients who have loose or droopy lower eyelids or just desire more youthful, higher lower lids, may benefit from a tightening procedure of the lower eyelid. In this procedure, the lower lid is lifted and tightened with a small, inconsipicuous incision.
5. Eyelid lift done in combination with forehead lift: For patients desiring maximal improvement in the eyelid/brow area, Dr. Bresnick can perform both eyelid lifting and forehead/brow lifting together, to rejuvenate the entire upper face. In this procedure, the forehead is tightened, wrinkles are improved, the brows are elevated, and the upper eyelids are restored to a more youthful, attractive appearance.
What to Expect
Cosmetic eyelid surgery los angeles is performed in Dr. Bresnick’s fully accredited surgical center, Encino Surgicenter. You may choose either local anesthesia or light general anesthesia for your procedure. If you have decided to go to sleep for your eyelid surgery, following the procedure, you will have the opportunity to relax in the recovery room for a short period of time. About an hour or so after surgery, you may go home. There is little discomfort after eyelid surgery, and no nursing care is required. The day after surgery, Dr. Bresnick will see you in the office to how great you are doing!. There is some bruising and swelling in the eyelid area, but sunglasses nicely hide these very temporary changes. Most patients return to work in 5 days, although many patients are able to work from home a few days after surgery.
Many patients who desire improvement of eyelids wish to have other procedures done at the same time to take advantage of one healing time and to improve other areas. Dr. Bresnick commonly performs eyelid surgery with other procedures of the face, breasts, and body. Common procedures done at the same time of eyelid surgery are:
Forehead lift (browlift): The forehead lift gives a more youthful forehead by lifting the brows and tightening the forehead area.
Facelift: This procedure restores youthful neck contour, an attractive jawline area, and more youthful cheeks.
Lip augmentation: This procedure restores the fuller lips of youth and improves vertical lines around the mouth.
Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion These procedures improve fine wrinkles around the eyelids, crows feet areas, mouth, and chin.
Cosmetic Breast Surgery: Breast augmentation and breast lift.
Tummy Tuck: Tightening of the tummy skin, fat removal, and tightening of the abdominal muscles.
Liposuction and Liposculpture: Removal of fatty tissue and sculpting of the body including the abdominal area, back, thighs, hips, knees, upper arms, and neck.
Eyelid Surgery Los Angeles