Facelift & Neck Lift
Facelift in Los Angeles, CA
Facelift surgery, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that can help turn back the hands of time and make a patient look more youthful. In Dr. Bresnick’s hands, a facelift can provide dramatic improvement in facial appearance, while maintaining a natural look. Dr. Bresnick’s unique approach allows patients to look like a younger and better version of themselves. We are pleased to offer facial rejuvenation surgery in Los Angeles, CA to both men and women.
Look Naturally Youthful with Dr. Bresnick’s Unique Approach
If you’re interested in facelift surgery, your first step will be to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bresnick. We meet with each prospective patient individually to make sure that a facial lift and/or neck lift is the ideal procedure for the desired improvement. Dr. Bresnick is easy to talk to and loves working with patients. He’ll happily answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.
The doctor carefully reviews the procedure with each patient, making a customized plan for facial lifting and improvement. Patients are encouraged to bring pictures of themselves from ten or more years ago to the consultation so that the doctor can plan the facelift surgery to restore a more youthful and natural look, and address each patient’s goals and desires. We want you to look like you, only younger, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
Dr. Bresnick performs a special type of facelift surgery where the muscles of the face and neck are tightened. The muscle tightening is done in the neck, jawline, and cheek area. He utilizes this type of facelift for natural and beautiful results.
By tightening the deeper structures beneath the skin, the lifting is done in a way that allows the skin to be naturally redraped, leading to a smooth, revitalized skin contour. Dr. Bresnick’s facial plastic surgery patients look refreshed and restored.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Bresnick for Facelift Surgery?
Dr. Bresnick is an extremely experienced plastic surgeon who has performed over 1000 facelift procedures. He is not only board certified in plastic surgery, but he also is trained in craniofacial surgery, which is a complex subspecialty of plastic surgery dealing with facial reconstruction.
Dr. Bresnick performs the facelift and necklift rhytidectomy procedure for a great diversity of patients of all ages and backgrounds. His superior results have earned the trust of celebrities and other high-profile patients. Many patients choose Dr. Bresnick as their doctor because of his friendly and caring nature, his outstanding reputation, and for the excellent results that they have seen.
Dr. Bresnick is a top surgeon for facelift surgery in Los Angeles, CA because he is:
- Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Uniquely skilled and experienced in the field of plastic surgery
- Fully trained in Craniofacial Surgery as well as Plastic Surgery
- Committed to quality patient care
- Experienced in facelift surgery with more than 1,000 successful procedures performed
Come in for a consultation and see why Dr. Bresnick is one of the most popular facelift surgeons in Los Angeles, CA.
Types of Facelifts Offered at Our Los Angeles Office
Dr. Bresnick performs several types of facelifts. He will advise each patient at their consultation appointment as to which type of lift is best for them. The different types of facelifts that Dr. Bresnick performs are:
This procedure focuses on correcting early facial changes such as loose skin and minor bands in the neck and loosening of the cheek area. It is best suited for younger patients who are in their 40s.
Since Dr. Bresnick customizes each procedure to the unique anatomical needs of the patient, each treatment plan will vary. Some patients will require both a facelift and necklift for optimal results.
Additional Procedures to Consider
Many regions of the face age together. As the cheeks and neck age, the eyelids, forehead and mouth areas also undergo age-related cosmetic changes. Frequently, the eyelid, forehead, and mouth/lip regions benefit from rejuvenation at the same time as a facelift.
The advantage of undergoing multiple procedures is that only one recovery time is needed, and a seamlessly youthful facial appearance can be achieved. Common procedures done at the same time of facelift are:
- Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty): This procedure makes the eyes appear more alert and youthful with removal of fatty bags and excess skin. Blepharoplasty can treat the upper eyelids, the lower eyelids, or both to restore a refreshed appearance.
- Forehead Lift (Browlift): The forehead lift is a perfect complement to facelift surgery. It gives the forehead a more youthful look by lifting the brows and smoothing out deep creases. It is also an excellent option for those with a naturally heavy brow.
- Lip Augmentation: This procedure restores the fuller lips of your youth and improves vertical lines around the mouth. Depending on your needs, we offer both surgical and non-surgical options for lip augmentation. This popular procedure will be completely customized to your aesthetic preferences and provides balance with the rest of your facial features.
- Laser Resurfacing or Dermabrasion: These procedures improve fine wrinkles around the eyelids, crow’s feet areas, mouth, and chin. Laser resurfacing can also improve skin quality and treat discoloration, hyperpigmentation, and age spots. When paired with other facial plastic surgery procedures, it can revive your appearance for a glowing, vibrant look.
During your consultation, Dr. Bresnick will help you explore your full range of options to achieve your cosmetic goals.
Your Facelift and Necklift Virtual Consultation with Dr. Bresnick
While traditionally consultations only took place in person, Dr. Bresnick now offers virtual consultations. This innovative appointment system now lets you have a consultation with Dr. Bresnick from your own home. Over videochat, Dr. Bresnick will speak with you about what you want to achieve with facial surgery, allow you to ask any questions, and develop the surgical plan that is unique to your needs. Be sure to have pictures ready to show Dr. Bresnick and any other materials that may be helpful for us. Learn more by scheduling your virtual consultation with us today!
Los Angeles Facelift & Neck Lift FAQ
A good candidate for a facelift & neck lift is someone concerned or unhappy with the signs of aging on their face and neck, such as sagging skin, wrinkles, jowls, and facial hollows.
As one of the best facelift and neck lift surgeons in the Los Angeles area, Dr. Bresnick customizes each procedure to the unique needs of each individual patient. Dr. Bresnick performs a unique type of facelift surgery where he tightens the muscles of the face and neck. He utilizes this type of facelift because of its natural and beautiful results. By tightening the deeper structures beneath the skin, the skin can be naturally redraped, and the results are more refreshed and restored.
Facelifts generally make a patient appear 8-10 years younger. Since no form of rejuvenation can stop the aging process, it’s important that you follow Dr. Bresnick’s post-operation recommendations to maintain your new look. Our goal isn’t to stop the aging process but instead slow it down as much as possible. We ask that you follow your carefully constructed skincare plan, have yearly check-ups, and wear sunblock every day.
To optimize your recovery and elevate your results, we highly recommend these steps to help you prepare:
- have blood work done
- Have an EKG if you’re over 50
- Obtain medical clearance if you have health-related issues
- Abstain from smoking
- Avoid taking any aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- Begin proper skincare as this leads to better healing and better results
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet and drink plenty of water to help flush toxins
Healing is a subjective and progressive process, meaning that everybody is different. Downtime can be separated into two parts: surgical downtime and social downtime. Your stitches will be removed in one week, and despite some bruising and swelling, you’ll have the option to go outdoors but only with a hat and sunscreen. For 2 weeks, your face may appear a bit bruised, swollen, numb, and tight. It takes 6-8 weeks before you will be completely healed. Rest is the best medicine when it comes to recovery. The more you rest, the more focus your body can put into healing. Rest also lowers your risk of complications.
With any surgery, some scarring can be expected. However, with the proper suturing technique and expert care, scars can heal to be hardly noticeable at all. Dr. Bresnick has performed over 1000 facelift procedures and has mastered the art of surgery so you can look and feel your absolute best.
For most patients, the face and neck tend to age at the same rate. To achieve a natural, more harmonious appearance, the face and neck are usually treated simultaneously. Removing skin from the neck and not the face can create the appearance of excess skin in the face and vice versa.