Candidates for breast revision surgery in Los Angeles are typically women with implants who are no longer happy with their breast appearance, or who are experiencing complications with their existing implants. Dr. Bresnick also provides breast revision surgery to women who received breast augmentation initially from another surgeon with unsatisfactory results.
What Happens During a Breast Revision?
Breast revision surgery usually involves implant replacement and removal of any scar tissue present. The breast implant size may be changed based on patient size goals. The breast shape may be changed by tightening internal breast pockets, removing excess or low breast tissue, and/or performing breast lifts. At your consultation with Dr. Bresnick, a detailed, customized plan for breast improvement will be designed for you.
Listed below are some of the procedures that Dr. Bresnick performs to help you with breast shape improvement with revisional breast surgery:
- Change in implant size: We can place a smaller or larger implant based on your goals and what is healthy for your breasts.
- Change in implant surface: We can change your implant from smooth surface to textured surface, or vice versa. Dr. Bresnick can explain the advantages and disadvantages of each implant type at your consultation.
- We can move your implants under the muscle: If your implants are over the muscle, there may be benefits to moving them under the muscle. These may include a more natural look, less scar tissue risk, higher breasts, healthier breasts, less wrinkling, and other changes.
- We can tighten your breast pockets: Dr. Bresnick performs a procedure known as a capsulorrhaphy, which involves placing sutures within the breast pocket to tighten the pocket and improve implant shape.
- We can place supportive mesh (Seri Mesh) or collagen matrix (Acellular Dermal Matrix or Strattice) to help support your breast skin if your skin has thinned and your implants are dropping too much.
- We can lift your breasts
- We can reduce unwanted scar tissue
- We can reduce unwanted breast tissue at the time of implant replacement