Breast Augmentation with Lift
Breast Augmentation with Lift in Los Angeles, CA
Many women dream of having full, shapely and perky breasts. With a breast augmentation and lift, it’s never been easier to achieve your ideal breasts. By combining two of our most popular breast procedures, we can increase cup size, enhance shape, and get rid of sag with a combined augmentation and lift. Learn more about the powerful duo of breast augmentation with lift in Los Angeles.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure designed to increase breast size. To create additional breast volume, an implant is placed either under the pectoral muscle (submuscular) or under the breast tissue (subglandular). Dr. Bresnick offers the latest breast implant options including:
- Silicone Breast Implants: Silicone implants consist of a silicone outer shell filled with a soft, silicone gel. The biggest benefit of silicone implants is their natural look and feel. A silicone implant feels like natural breast tissue, even outside of the breast. This is our most popular implant choice. These implants are FDA-approved for cosmetic use in women who are at least age 22.
- Cohesive Silicone Gel Implants (Gummy Bear Implants): A newer breast implant option, “gummy bear” breast implants are filled with a highly cohesive silicone gel. The filling inside of these implants holds its shape and won’t leak out should the implant shell become compromised. They are a little firmer in feel than a traditional silicone implant, but once inside of the breast, they feel very natural. Cohesive silicone implants appear a little more perky than traditional silicone gel implants.
- Saline Breast Implants: Saline implants feature a silicone outer shell that is filled with medical-grade saline. The implant is filled after it has been placed inside of the breast. Saline implants are FDA-approved for cosmetic use in patients who are at least 18 years old. In the event saline implants rupture, the sterile solution can be safely absorbed by the body.
All three implant types offer unique benefits, and we’ll help you choose the best implant type for you during your initial consultation. We customize each procedure to the patient’s unique needs, goals, anatomy, and desires. We’ll also discuss your options for implant incision placement, implant type/size, implant placement (subglandular and submuscular), and more. Our goal is creating natural-looking breasts that perfectly complement your shape.
Schedule Your Consultation
With more than 10,000 breast augmentation procedures performed, Dr. Bresnick is truly an expert in cosmetic breast surgery. Contact our offices at 818-981-3333 to schedule your consultation with one of Los Angeles’ busiest and most renowned breast surgeons.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation with Lift
Breast augmentation with lift is a surgical procedure. You’ll need some downtime for recovery, just like you would after any surgical treatment. This time is essential for proper healing. Give yourself time to heal and don’t rush back into work and other activities before you’re ready.
After surgery, there is some swelling and tenderness. Dr. Bresnick recommends icing the breasts and using pain medication as needed. Most patients feel good just a few days after surgery and improve rapidly each day after.
Patients can slowly resume regular activities within a few days after surgery. Start slowly and take it easy. Most patients miss about 5-7 days of work, provided they work in a light-duty, desk-type of job. Additional time off will be needed if lifting and other physical activities are required at work. Limit exercise and heavy lifting for about 3-4 weeks after surgery.
What Is a Breast Lift?Over time, the effects of gravity cause the breasts to lose their youthful position on the chest. Other times, breasts just form low as they develop. Combine gravity with pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight fluctuations and this can worsen sagging even more. Breast sagging is a very common cosmetic complaint that can be treated with breast lift surgery. Removing excess skin and reshaping the breast tissues are primary goals of a breast lift. Dr. Bresnick uses a few different surgical techniques to achieve these goals:
Minor breast sagging doesn’t always require a breast lift. By placing an appropriately sized implant we can add volume, provide lift, and eliminate excess breast skin. This only works on women with a small degree of sagging who want to increase breast size.
The crescent lift pairs beautifully with breast implants. A small incision is made around the upper edge of the areola. This lift provides slight uplift around the nipple with little lift of other breast tissues.
If you’re undergoing a breast augmentation with lift, Dr. Bresnick will likely recommend our circle lift, also known as the Benelli lift or donut lift. He recommends this option to about 50% of our lift and implant patients. This technique allows for lift, areola reshaping or resizing, and results in minimal visible scarring. The incision is made around the outer edge of the areola and hides beautifully between the pigmentation change.
For moderate breast droop, Dr. Bresnick finds that the vertical or lollipop lift is often the best option for maximal improvement. This procedure includes a line around the areola and a line from the areola to the breast crease. The areola can be made smaller and much higher. Loose breast skin can be tightened and firmed. The shape of the breast becomes rounder and more attractive with this lift, which can uplift the breast many inches!
For more advanced breast droop, Dr. Bresnick uses the full lift. In this lifting technique an incision is made around the areola, down from the center of the areola to the breast fold, and underneath the breast. This technique allows for maximum skin and tissue removal, and complete recontouring of the breast shape.
The Benefits of Combining Breast Augmentation with a Breast Lift
Our breast augmentation with lift provides patients with the benefits of breast implants and lift in a single procedure. Most women have some sagging, especially women who’ve had children or lost weight. Pairing these procedures together improves outcomes and leads to better post-procedural satisfaction. Other benefits of combining breast augmentation with a lift include:
- Rejuvenates the breasts and increases cup size
- Lifts and augments the breasts with fewer incisions and less scarring than if both procedures are performed separately
- Produces a single recovery period instead of having to recover from two separate procedures
- Some excess breast skin can be used to accommodate the new implant, so less tissue removal is needed
- Both treatments complement the other, leading to superior results
The benefits of combining treatments only applies to patients that require both treatments. If you don’t have sagging and want bigger breasts, breast augmentation alone would be best. If you want to lift and rejuvenate the breasts, but don’t want to increase cup size, opt for a lift without implants. We’ll only recommend a breast lift with implant combination if you’ll see benefits from combining these treatments.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Lift and Implants?
A consultation with Dr. Bresnick will be your first step if you’re thinking about getting a breast lift and implants simultaneously. He is a top breast surgeon in Los Angeles and has helped thousands of women achieve beautiful, shapelier breasts. You may be a good candidate for the procedure if:
- You would like fuller breasts and have some breast drop.
- You are in good health.
- You are ready to commit to the recovery period.
- You have realistic expectations for surgery and your results.
- You want both breast augmentation and breast lift surgery.
If this sounds like you, call our office to learn more about breast augmentation with lift from Dr. Bresnick.