The tummy tuck procedure is one of the most outstanding procedures that Dr. Bresnick performs. His results are great and his patients are very pleased with dramatic improvement. Dr. Bresnick feels that the purpose of a tummy tuck is to give a woman back her body after having children or significant weight loss. The tummy tuck los angeles procedure is extremely safe in his hands and many hundreds of women have achieved beautiful results!
What is a Tummy Tuck?
When a woman has children or looses a significant amount of weight, several things happen to the abdomen. Childbirth usually causes a weakening and separation of the abdominal muscles. A significant weight loss can also cause a similar muscle separation. When the abdominal muscles separate, it is not possible to have the flat stomach that a woman once had without plastic surgical assistance. Working out does not correct the muscle separation and muscle thinning that pregnancy can cause. The tummy tuck, when performed well, can make major improvements and restoration to the abdominal muscles.
Extra skin also accumulates after childbirth and weight loss. When a person is young, much of that extra skin contracts and the tummy regains an attractive look. After several children, or with loss of skin elasticity, extra skin can accumulate that does not go away with weight loss or working out. The tummy tuck can eliminate that extra skin. The tummy tuck incision is concealed beneath the panty-line.
The purpose of the tummy tuck is two-fold:
1. Tighten the abdominal muscles and correct abdominal muscle separation.
2. Remove extra skin and fat from the abdomen.
Dr. Bresnick’s Tummy Tuck Technique
Dr. Bresnick performs tummy tucks quite different than many plastic surgeons. He believes that the quality of the result after surgery is in large part related to the ability of the plastic surgeon. He uses several different approaches to maximize his tummy tuck results:
1. Dr. Bresnick applies several layers of muscle-tighening sutures to tighten the abdominal muscles. Most plastic surgeons apply only one layer. The additional muscle tightening that Dr. Bresnick performs gives a narrower waist and flatter stomach than many other surgeons achieve.
2. Dr. Bresnick does not plan the length of the tummy tuck incision until he sees what the shortest possible tummy tuck incision will be during the procedure. Most plastic surgeons commit to a longer scar than necessary to save time in surgery. Dr. Bresnick does not mind spending a bit more time on his patients to shorten their scars.
3. Dr. Bresnick utilizes scar shortening approaches in his planning of your surgery. The angle and direction of tightening is modified to give the shortest scar possible while maintaining the best tummy shape and flattening.
4. Dr. Bresnick offers a pain pump to greatly decrease the discomfort of the tummy tuck procedure. The pain pump is known as an “On-Q” pain pump, and it provides more than two days of local anesthetic into the tummy tuck area to provide pain relief.
What to Expect
Tummy tuck surgery is performed in Dr. Bresnick’s fully accredited surgical center, Encino Surgicenter. Following the procedure, patients will rest in the recovery room for a short period of time. From the recovery room, you will be transported to a nice local hotel where you will be cared for overnight by a nurse who specializes in tummy-tuck care. Dr. Bresnick will check you the day after surgery. Sutures are removed about a week after surgery. Most patients can return to work within a few weeks and may exercise in about four weeks after surgery.
Tummy Tuck Los Angeles