3 Signs You Need a Face and Neck Lift
A facelift and neck lift can remove years from your appearance, making you look and feel younger and more attractive. Each procedure, separately, tightens and smooths sagging, wrinkled skin — but in various ways and on different parts of the face, jawline, and neck. How can you tell if you need to combine these surgeries?
What a Facelift Does
A facelift corrects loose, drooping skin in the lower part of the face, below the eyes, from the cheeks to the jawline. A modern facelift does this by raising and tightening the underlying muscle and connective tissue and repositioning facial fat, in addition to removing excess skin. The result is a natural-looking and long-lasting improvement. A facelift can treat:
- Wrinkles and fine lines on the lower part of the face
- Deep smile lines, aka nasolabial folds, that form from the bottom of the nose to the edges of the mouth
- Jowls — to create a more defined jawline
- Facial volume loss in the cheeks and under the eyes
What a Neck Lift Does
A neck lift corrects sagging and fat buildup on the neck and under the chin to create a smoother and younger-looking neckline. A neck lift can treat:
- A turkey wattle — the result of loose skin under the chin
- A double chin — the result of excess fat under the chin
- A flabby-looking neck — the result of weakened platysma muscles in the neck and under the chin
Three Signs You Need a Combined Facelift and Neck Lift
Together, a facelift and a neck lift produce beautifully rejuvenating results with a synergistic effect. Combining the procedures can also provide a more natural-looking outcome, simultaneously restoring the face and neck for a younger appearance.
Here are three signs you might benefit from a combined face and neck lift:
- You have sagging skin on the lower part of your face. Place your fingers atop your cheekbones and push the skin up and back to mimic the effect of a facelift. Does the change make your lower face and jawline look younger? If so, you may benefit from a facelift.
- You have sagging skin under your chin or on your neck. Position your fingers below your jawline and push the skin up to mimic the effect of a facelift. When you do so, do you notice your chin and neck look younger and less flabby? If so, you may benefit from a neck lift.
- Injectables and non-invasive skin-tightening treatments aren’t enough to make you look as young as you feel. Beyond a specific point, surgery is the only way to correct lax skin on the face and neck.
If you have these three signs, a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon can tell you whether a combined facelift and neck lift procedure might give you the younger look you are seeking.
Learn More About Facial and Neck Treatments in Los Angeles
Dr. Stephen Bresnick in Encino, CA, is one of the most sought-after and extensively trained plastic surgeons in the Los Angeles area. He is not only board-certified in plastic surgery, but he has also undergone specific training in craniofacial surgery, which is a complex subspecialty of plastic surgery dealing with facial reconstruction. He has earned a reputation for his compassionate approach and superior artistry. Call us at (818) 981-3333 or contact us today to schedule a consultation.