Expert Tips on How to Maintain Your Beauty Routine From Home
Your normal beauty routine has probably been thrown out of whack. Beauty salons and cosmetic medical spas were closed for weeks and are now reopening with special precautions and limited capacity. But there are steps you can take to maintain the basics of your beauty routine at home. When we get the green light to go out in public, have meals in restaurants, and return to the workplace, you can make your re-entrance looking great.
Basic Facial Skin Care
You may not be able to get a professional facial, but by making a few steps part of your routine you can still have beautiful facial skin.
- A daily beauty routine – A morning and night routine is the best way to keep your skin healthy. Habits you adopt now can help you keep your skin looking beautiful even when you can resume your professional appointments. Think of this as your home spa, a self-pampering break from your other responsibilities rather than a chore.
- Cleanse your skin – Start your daily beauty routine, morning and night, with a PH balanced cleanser. You want to clear away dirt and facial oils and unclog pores.
- Apply toner or serum – Once your skin is clean, apply toner to tighten pores. If you use other treatments, whether for acne, uneven skin coloration, wrinkles, or other concerns, apply these as directed. Your daily schedule may be disrupted, but these treatments need to be followed regularly.
- Moisturize – You may not be out in the wind and pollution, but your skin still needs moisture for health and beauty. Use a moisturizer suited to your skin type — lighter for oily skin — preferably one with hyaluronic acid, and apply it according to instructions. Don’t overdo it, but don’t skimp either.
- Apply sunscreen, even indoors – If you often sit or work near a window, you’re still getting UV exposure, even when you spend most of your time indoors. Finish off your daily beauty routine with an application of broad-spectrum sunscreen, SPF 30 or higher.
- Face mask treatments – A weekly face mask treatment can smooth the texture of your skin and brighten your coloring. It supplements the hydration you’re getting from moisturizer and can help reduce fine lines. It’s also a way to relax your body and your mind.
- Apply eye cream – If you’re working more from home, you’re probably getting extra hours of screen time, which can be a strain on the eyes. Eye cream moisturizes and nourishes the skin under and around the eyes, helping with puffiness and dark circles.
Take Care of Your Overall Health
It’s easy to slip into bad health habits when our normal routines are disrupted, but a break from a busy schedule can also be a time to focus new attention on your health — which is the foundation of your beauty.
- Get the sleep you need – Stick to a regular bedtime schedule and try to get a full eight hours of sleep every night. Healthy sleep is important to your overall health, your mental health, and to the beauty of your skin.
- Eat for beauty – Healthy foods are another key element in a good beauty routine. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is good for your skin and helps you maintain a healthy weight.
- Drink plenty of water – Your skin needs moisture from the inside, not just from external moisturizers. Keep a water bottle close at hand, and drink from it throughout the day.
- Get some exercise – You may not be able to follow your normal exercise routine, but get what exercise you can. Even short walks and breaks for stretches can help keep your body in tune. Working up a sweat helps to clear out pores and increase blood flow to the skin. And, of course, it helps keep you trim and heart-heathy.
We Look Forward to Seeing You Again
Dr. Stephen Bresnick in Encino, CA, is one of the most sought-after and extensively trained plastic surgeons in the Los Angeles area. He is known for his compassionate approach and superior artistry. Call us at (818) 981-3333 or contact us today to schedule a consultation.